The Parks is Close to Everything You Need
Amenities to make your life easier
The Parks of West Bedford puts you within walking distance to an extensive number of shops and services like Sobey’s, Fast Fuels, Moksha Yoga, TD Canada Trust and Royal Bank of Canada banks, Tim Horton’s, Pet Valu, Goodlife Fitness, Starbucks, soccer fields, arenas – to name only list a few!
The close proximity to the Larry Uteck Boulevard interchange provides quick access to the highway 102 and is just 15 minutes to Downtown Halifax, 5km to Bayers Lake or 15 minutes to Halifax Stanfield International Airport.
Everything your family needs at your doorstep.
The Parks are just minutes from restaurants, shops and services including:
- BMO Centre (Halifax’s new four-pad arena complex)
- Charles P. Allen High School
- Bedford – Hammonds Plains Community Centre on Innovations Drive (in CP Allan High School)
- Circle K Convenience Store & Gas Station
- Hemlock Square (the shops and services at Larry Uteck)
- The Santé Centre on Gary Martin Drive
- Bedford’s Mill Cove Plaza
- Blue Water Industrial Park
- And coming soon…retail shops and services at the new Gary Martin Plaza
Deciding what your child needs and what matters most are key steps in choosing a school with the best fit for your child. The convenient location of the Parks of West Bedford your family has many choices available. Here is provided by the Halifax Regional Municipality that lets you find the school closest. http://www.hrsb.ca/about-our-schools/school-finder/home-address-lookup
Alternatively, with our close proximity to the surrounding neighbourhoods, Halifax offers a number of independent schools for children starting in primary through to high school.
- Armbrae Academy (pr to 12); Halifax
- Bedford Academy (pr to 9); Bedford
- Birch Hills Academy (pr to 7); Bedford
- Bridgeway Academy (ages 5–19); Dartmouth
- Churchill Academy (K4 to 12); Dartmouth
- Colchester Christian Academy (K4 to 12); Truro
- Creative Kids Education Centre (pr to 5); Hammonds Plains
- Halifax Christian Academy (pre-pr to 12); Halifax
- Halifax Grammar School (pr to 12); Halifax
- Halifax Independent School (pr to 9); Halifax
- Maritime Muslim Academy (pr to 12); Halifax
- Newbridge Academy (pr to 9); Sackville
- Sacred Heart School of Halifax (pr to 12); Halifax
- Sandy Lake Academy (pr to 12); Bedford
- Shambhala School (pr to 12); Halifax
New to Halifax?
Getting settled into a new city can be overwhelming. The City of Halifax has put together some information to help you transition to your new home. Learning about Halifax will make your transition a little bit easier. Click to read more of what to expect.