- No two adjacent house facades, nor facades directly across the street from one another, are permitted to be substantially the same, unless otherwise approved by WBHL.
- The front facade, in particular, must achieve balance amongst the window, door and garage openings, as well as other facade details — not leaving large areas of blank wall space on the front of the home.
- Homes on corner lots require similar decorative architectural details and treatments on the flank side of the home, as found on the front of the home.
- There shall be a maximum of 7 exterior steps, in a straight run, from entryway to garage level.
- Where columns are used, they must complement the homes architecture and must not have a dimension less than 8”. If columns are wooden, they must be stained and painted.
- Garage door must match the architectural style of the house.
- The roof pitch must be minimum 8/12 side to side for New Traditional Style homes unless otherwise approved by WBHL.
- Garages must be de-emphasized— protruding only a maximum of 5’ from other ground-floor facade elements.
- The main entryways are encouraged to be covered.
- Roof orientation is encouraged to be designed for optimal sun exposure in order to provide the opportunity for solar panel addition.
- Sheltered outdoor space is encouraged.
Note: Garage widths are limited to 14’ wide, and driveways to 12’ wide, for lots under 40’. (policy 3.4.2 (j,l,m) of the applicable Development Agreement.)