- Minimum roof pitches:
- 6/12 Minimum Front to Back Pitch
- 9/12 Minimum Side-to-Side Pitch
Contemporary house designs will be given consideration on an individual basis.
- No more than 7 exterior risers shall lead to the front entryway from the garage level, unless otherwise permitted.
- Decorative window trims shall be incorporated on sides of the home that face the street.
- It is encouraged to use coloured window and door casings, soffits, facia boards, gutters etc. that complement the house colours.
- Frieze board, sill boards and corner boards shall be used on all non-base exterior finishes.
- Glazing is required on garage doors.
- Decorative roof returns on gable ends if suited to architectural style.
- Where columns are used, they shall complement the architectural style of the home and must not have a dimension less than 8”.
- Homes on corner lots require similar decorative architectural details and treatments as you would find on the front of the home, including but not limited to; frieze boards, corner boards, window trim, siding and masonry.
Design guidelines may vary by community and street. Please refer to your Purchase and Sales Agreement for specifics.