Landscape and Yard Details
- Landscaping and driveway areas will be completed within 6 months from the date of substantial home completion.
- Sheds/Outbuildings shall use the same exterior colours and materials as the main house.
- Acceptable fence types include: wooden, ornamental iron, and chain link. If chain link, it shall be black in colour. Some acceptable fence styles are shown below.
- All fences/sheds & outbuildings/satellite dishes require written approval. – See above “Approvals” section.
- Topsoil for sodded areas must be 8” in the front yard and 6” In the side and rear yards. As part of the final Lot Grading and Landscape signoff a letter must be submitted to West Bedford Holdings Limited confirming that the proper soil depth has been met. This letter must be produced by your landscape contractor who shall be a member with Landscape Nova Scotia or from your Certified Nova Scotia Land Surveyor.
Acceptable Fence Locations
Some Acceptable Fence Styles
Garbage Bin/Compost Bin/Propane Tank Screening Methods
Compost Bins, Garbage Bins, and Propane Tanks shall be shielded from view either by fencing or by an architectural feature of the home so as not to be seen from the street.
Garbage Bin Locations